Fighting Disease with Foods
- Almonds – even though they contain many calories they contain as well fiber in nuts that will prevent your body from absorbing fat and this way speeding weight loss; there was demonstrated to have lowered the blood pressure and the vitamin E that these nuts contain will maintain you supple.
- The brown rice such as Barley is full of fibers and the cancer – fighting selenium. It is far better than the normal rice as it contains some fibers that as well is known to lower the cholesterol from one’s body. The beta glucan that it contains need to be consumed with moderation – 3 to 10 grams per day and your cholesterol level will be back on track.
- The black beans are a food that despite of its dark look, they are very good for you. So good as they can replace the meat as they have enough protein to do so, and all the other veggies as they have enough fiber and vitamins to do so. They do not necessarily need soaking before being cooked, as the white ones.
- Cabbage is your friend in breast cancer fighting. The phytochemicals that it contains decreases the risk of breast cancer with 50 to 70 percent as long as you eat more than three cup servings per day. According to a study performed by the Nutrition Research it as well lowers the cholesterol level.
- Coffee is an ingredient that we cannot live without. It is essential especially if you are an active person. Drinking between 1 to 3 cups a day will decrease your risk of heart disease with 25 percent. Anyhow, you have to be attentive of how it is prepared as using filter papers to do coffee will make it contain some ingredients that will raise your cholesterol level.
- It is the season of fruits. A more reason for which you should opt for as many as you can. They are rich in protective chemical resveratrol, which is useful to sharpen your brain and reduce the risk of catching any heart disease as well as cancer. You should pay much attention to where you buy them from and be certain that they are organic.
- Onions are another food that is needed for your body. Despite of the fact that you may actually feel weird about it due to its taste and smell, it contains a trifecta of compounds that are used to fight disease – fructans, flavonoids and organosulfur. They are good in preventing infection, cancer and in fighting the blood clots.
- Shrimp is not something that many people are used with, but it is known as having some good effects on your health. Despite of their low calories level they contain an increased amount of protein and as well omega – 3 fatty acids and selenium. It therefore, fights lung cancer and can increase the level of HDL – good cholesterol, with about 12 percent.
- Watermelon is something that is found anywhere at this time of the year. Therefore, you can take advantage of this fact and keep it as a daily dessert. It is full of carotenoid, citruline and arginine. These will maintain your arteries healthy and help increase of blood flow. It is better to be maintained at room temperature, than at the fridge, as it will have more carotenoids this way.
A good amount of some of these foods daily, will maintain your life in a healthy stadium and will protect you from the bad things that each one of us is prone to.11