How to Change a Gmail Account
To change your e-mail address for your account, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Google Accounts homepage.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Click the Change e-mail address option next to ‘Security’.
4. Enter your new e-mail address and current password.
5. Click Save.
Once you have saved the changes, you should receive a verification message to the e-mail address you just entered. To complete the change, you must click the verification link in this message. Also, you should receive a message on your old e-mail confirming that Google made a change in your account.
* You can’t change the e-mail of your account in an existing Gmail address, but Google invites you to add a new Gmail address to your Google Account.
* You can change your e-mail from your replacing it with an e-mail address which is already associated with a Google Account.
* If you want to make your alternate e-mail address new main address, first you have to delete your alternate e-mail address.
* The username of your account must be an active e-mail address, valid, an address that you can access.
To change your Google Account password, follow these steps:
# Visit the Google Account homepage.
# Enter your username and password and click Connect.
# Click the My Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
# Click the Change Password link.
If you cannot connect to the Google account or if you forgot your password, enter the user password-assistance page to reset your password and regain access to your account. The Google Account is easily edited or deleted.
To edit your account, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to Google Account homepage.
2. Click My Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Click the Change e-mail address to edit the e-mail address (username) associated with your account or password. Select a new password. Remember that your Gmail username cannot be changed.
To change your name, nickname, home country or time zone, click the Edit link next to ‘Personal information’. To remove products from your account, click the Edit link next to ‘My products’. If you want to delete a product from your account, visit the Google Help Home, where you can find detailed information about specific products.
To delete your account, click the Edit link next to the My Products list and you can access the option to delete your account. Please note that deleting an account will permanently remove the Google products associated with that account, as as your Orkut profile, iGoogle and Web history. If you use a Gmail account, you will not be able to access e-mail messages and you lose ownership of Google username.
Maybe with time you added an alternate e-mail address in your account by clicking the Edit link next to E-mail Addresses in the My Account page. You can use your alternate e-mail to connect to your Google account and also to recover your password. If you added an alternate e-mail address to your account, you’ll see it listed under your main username in the My Account page.
To edit your alternate e-mail address:
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Edit next to ‘E-mail Addresses “in the My Account page.
3. From ‘Add an alternate e-mail address to your account’, enter a new e-mail or eliminate the unwanted e-mail addresses.
4. Click Save.
You may have added also a nickname to your account by clicking the Edit link next to ‘E-mail Addresses “in the My Account page. If you added a nickname to your account, you’ll see it listed under your main username on the Dashboard. Please note that pseudonyms are not unique, which means that the same nickname can be associated with multiple Google Accounts. You cannot connect to the Google Account using the pseudonym.
To edit your nickname:
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Edit next to ‘E-mail Addresses’ in the My Account page.
3. Enter a new nickname or delete the current pseudonym if you want to have none.
4. Click Save.
Your Picasa pseudonym appears next to your own portrait. To create or change your nickname, follow these steps:
1. Sign into Picasa Web Albums.
2. Click Settings in the upper right corner of the page.
3. On the General tab, in the section Your Nickname or Pseudonym, enter the nickname you want to appear.
4. Click Save
Note: By default, your nickname for Picasa Web Albums is Google’s profiling code when you sign up for the service initially. You can find your Picasa nickname in the Google Dashboard. Note that you cannot connect using your Picasa nickname.
If you added Gmail to an existing Google account and have confirmed the original e-mail address that you used to login to your account, the email address will still be displayed in Google Dashboard. It will appear as another username after you add Gmail to your account. If you want to delete the original e-mail address of your account, just sign in and click the Edit link next to E-mail. Then click Remove next to the e-mail address you want to remove from your account. If you do not delete this address, you can still connect with its help.
If you have not confirmed the original email address, it will no longer be associated with your account after you add Gmail.11