More than You can Handle – 90 Reasons for You to Stop Smoking
1. You will not have to spend so much on cigarettes each year. more and more states concentrate on making the cigarettes more expensive as they say that the medical costs of smoking are astronomical. And by making cigarettes expensive they will make sure that they will make some people choose to quit smoking.
2. Your organism will inhale fewer germs as the cigarettes are full of germs. These germs do not necessarily make you sick, but they will at most offer you a yuck sensation.
3. Smarter than Goofy – all the Americans know the cartoons where Goofy is trying to quit smoking. The episode ends with Goofy smoking a cigar that explodes while the narrator concludes – “Give the smoker enough rope and he’ll hang on to his habit.”
4. As long as you quit you will find it more amusing that tobacco soup smells really bad.
5. Are you a man? Then you must think it through at your bedroom while smoking so much. It may actually create you the difficulty to be good from the arousal point of view. Anyway, females are by no means an exception, as those that smoke too much, may find having a lower sex appetite.
6. In cancer related studies, dogs were used to test the consequences of these drugs. Just look behind to the sordid history of these tests.
7. Think about the fact that you will most certainly experience better sleep. According to a study, smokers are four times more prone to have registered a bad night sleep than non – smokers.
8. Some employees from the United States are actually offering rewards to those people that are trying and are participating in the smoking cessation programs. They may be offering you prizes, cards, discounts, cash etc.
9. Quitting smoking creates a cause for you to start playing computer games. As well, according to a study, the online computer games will make smokers no longer feel the need to smoke while playing as they may be concentrating too much.
10. Non smokers have stronger bones that the smokers and this is a true fact. The smokers were found to have lost 2.3% and 3.3% of their bone mineral density for each 10 pack years of tobacco use.
11. You will be deprived of looking at the odd anti – smoking messages from the package. Despite of the fact that the American messages are not so sever as the other countries messages Romania, Uruguay, UK, Australia, Jordan – they are as well bad to look at and to read.
13. You will not risk being labeled a tragic and not understood genius.
14. You will be received in many restaurants that have opened for non smokers all around the world. And the most famous restaurants from England, France, New Zeeland and Puerto Rico, are very good destinations to choose from.
15. You are less prone to get psoriasis. According to some studies, daily smoking is directly linked to the risk of developing psoriasis. As you are one of those smokers that smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day, you will be more prone to developing this disease.
16. You will no longer have to face with the cold hands and feet problem.
17. This will reduce your possibility of frostbite. Due to the fact that smoking reduces circulation, it is harder for your fingers and your toes to be at their most active times.
18. You will not feel the need of drinking so much coffee. As you smoke the body will clear caffeine 56% more quickly than the non smoker’s body. One more reason for cutting caffeine drinking in half it you quit smoking, and therefore, reduce your spending budget as well.
19. If you are on the Pill you must choose either of them. It is not safe for you to use both of them. As the oral contraceptives are risky and they increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes, these risks are doubled by you smoking. It is useful to decide on either of them.
20. Quitting smoke will slow down the progression of AIDS to the HIV positive people, in time.
21. While quitting smoking you will as well lower the medicine quantity that you must intake. As smoking requires most of the time that you intake a bigger amount of medicine that the non smokers actually take.
22. You will be less likely to burn your house down. According to a study people that sued to smoke, were 6.6 more times prone to experience a fire in their houses rather than those that were not. Moreover, it was proved that cigarettes are the leading cause of death from the residential houses.
23. You will cut down your risk of Crohn’s disease, as smokers are more likely to catch this disease rather than those that do not smoke. This is a disease that causes pain, diarrhea and as well requires intestinal surgery.
24. You will save money, and will be able to purchase a lot of other useful things, for the house.
25. If you choose to buy online cigarettes you will have some less expense but, in the same time you will be supporting a sleazy business. This way of buying cigarettes online is mainly sued for children as they are not allowed to smoke until an older age and they therefore, recur to other possibilities to get their hands on cigarettes. So just, no longer buy from online cigarettes retailers.
26. You will decrease your risk of heart disease and heart attack. Smokers are almost four times more prone to developing coronary heart disease. They are as well twice the risk of sudden cardiac death. That is why, before thinking at yourself, just think of those that love you.
27. You will be less likely to develop a brain tumor and die from it. According to the American College of Radiology, most likely the radiation therapy must be made on the brain, as the lung cancer may spread all the way up.
28. Ten years of smoking and your skin will already look older that it should actually be. Smoking will speed up your aging process by narrowing the skin blood vessels and by damaging the tissues that give your skin elasticity.
30. Twenty years of smoking will offer you 70% likelihood to have acid refuels, more than a person that does not smoke.
31. You will be able to carry around a smaller purse or streamline your pants, as you do not have to hold your cigarettes there and as well lighter, breath strips, gum etc.
32. As you smoke you will not feel the same taste to the food as if you would if you did not. Quitting will provide this feeling back to you.
33. You will preserve your sense of smell. A doubled number of non smokers have a decreased in their smell, rather than non smokers.
34. Eating less is a consequence of quitting smoking, as while you smoke you will feel the need of intake bad food such as saturated fat and cholesterol one.
35. You will avoid that unattractive yellow fingers look.
36. As long as you are decided you will have to repaint your walls, so that this time they remain the color that they are painted on as no smoke will change it.
37. Reduce the premature need for hair treatment loss, that at one moment in time you will eventually have to make.
38. As well, reduce the need to wear premature hairpieces.
39. Quitting smoking will make it possible for you to cheer up without any medications. As by then, smoking made you have more depression moods.
40. Letting go to your addiction, will allow you to work for the best companies in the world – such as Dell, which has banned smoking from its offices.
41. Protect your home pet. Some studies have shown that in a house where the owner smokes, pets are more likely to oral cancer or lymphoma in cats, lung and nasal cancer in dogs, and lung cancer in birds.
42. You will have better results at work. As well, some results have shown that smokers took more days off from work, rather than non smokers.
43. No more burn holes to deal with, in your clothes or on the seat of your chair. No matter what material your clothes may be made from, all are prone to getting cigarettes burns.
44. Decrease your chances of an elevator unwanted experience.
45. Save your water and your money. According to a study, stinky clothes most certainly need more washing than those that are not stinky so you will be consuming with up to 21 % more household water than usual.
46. Play your role in the saving trees thing. A Belgian University has stated that deforestation that is made to make way for tobacco farming will have very negative factors in the ecology, factors that will be sensed better in a few years time. Now, we may not notice them, but we will most certainly not like what we will be seeing.
47. If Obama did it, you are as well able to do it.
48. It will offer you more time to yourself, and less time spent at the dentist. Apart from the oral cancer that smoking provides one with it as well affects your teeth and you will not be able to have good, normal healthy teeth.
49. You will save the money on breath fresheners. No one likes the breath of a smoker, which is one more reason for you to have breath fresheners at all times purchased.
50. Nagging the smoker next to you has become a civic duty. Therefore, if you cease smoking, you will no longer be nagged about it.
51. You will decrease the risk of bronchitis if you quit smoking and the ones that live amongst you will as well decrease the risk of developing it.
52. You can use the cigarette lighter for a higher purpose such as to make your kids stop fighting in the car.
53. By ceasing to smoke you will as well avoid the carbon monoxide inhalation which is responsible for depriving you of air.
54. You will spend less on your life insurance. Rates. While a non smoker pays at most $55 a month, a smoker pays $231.46 per month. This is due to the fact that the smokers have a more increased risk of dying and the assurance company paying for him, rather than the non smokers.
55. Moreover, there are some insurance companies that ever offer you cash to quit smoking – like John Hancock’s Quit Smoking Incentive.
56. You will not be seen like a Soviet-era Steel plant that pumps up carcinogens, as there are more than 50 carcinogens in second hand smoke.
57. Whether you will have to face some wounds, you will no longer have to wait a long time for them to heal. They will be able to heal better and faster. These include face lifts, tooth extractions, periodontal procedures.
58. Whether you are a young parent and smoke as well, you most certainly have to quit as you baby is under no circumstance safe. He will be more prone to SIDA if he lives in a smoking environment.
59. Even though you may be having older children they are more prone to catch develop asthma if they live in an environment where you smoke at all times. It can as well cause respiratory infections, ear infections, coughing, wheezing and as well a low lung function.
60. Despite of the fact that it is widely known and logical that smoking while pregnant does no good to you or your baby, just 305 of the smokers quit when finding out they are pregnant.
62. Being a man and smoking will make you have a lower sperm quantity than the rest of the men that do not smoke. You may as well feel some abnormalities in the sperm shape and function.
63. You will cut down the chemicals from your body if quitting smoking, as smoking will provide your body with cadmium, arsenic, N-nitrosamines and as well formaldehyde.
64. You will be able to earn more money as you will have better job opportunities. According to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) National Workrights Institute, non smokers earn from 4% to 11% more than smokers.
65. Not smoking will offer you more dating possibilities; a study shows that 56% of people would not date a smoker.
66. You will not get so often dumped. It was shown that 20% of the break ups occurred due to the fact that the other person was a smoker and would not quit.
67. You will enjoy the taste of chocolate more as long as you smoke; you are less sensitive to sweet flavors.
68. Despite of the fact that the cigarettes producers say that you look sexy, that it gives you a special manner that it as well make you feel good, etc, none of this is true and everything is just pure nonsense.
69. You will crash your car less often. Some studies shown that smoking increases the risk for motor vehicle crashes with 1.5 percentages.
70. You will just have the possibility of indoors activities more, as it is safer. However, with time you will get use to getting out at coffee, reunions with friends without feeling the need to smoke.
71. It will make you be more kissable as you will not have to wait until the gum or the breath pills make their effects, in order to kiss someone.
72. You will not be a bad influence on your kids. As long as you smoke, your children are twice more likely to become smokers as well.
73. Apart from this you could as well induce your children an undesirable attitude and develop some cognitive skills that will lead to behavioral problems.
74. Your children will as well have healthier teeth and will not develop decays, but very rarely and at an older age.
75. Your mouth will be better off two, as your saliva is very important for protecting the teeth from decay, but as long as it is not healthy it cannot p[provide proper protection.
76. In case you come to get separated from your spouse, by not smoking will make you instantly a better parent, as far as the judge’s decision concerns. As you will not put the child in jeopardy.
78. If both of you are smokers, it is sufficient that one quits, so that the other will have the needing support to stop and quit as well.
79. You are a physical fit person and enjoy working out, but at the same time you are actually puffing a lot during those periods. By puffing you will not get the proper results from your exercising.
80. You will as well save money on dry cleaning, as some sweaters and sport cotas may need to have the stench of smoke removed from them.
81. You will as well broaden your dating possibilities and be able to access not just the smoking dating sites, but all of the sites. This time, being your turn to choose, whether you date smokers, or not.
82. As more and more restaurants have banned smoking, during winter time you will no longer have to stay in front of them to be able to smoke a little. You will comfortably enjoy spending time in a warm and nice environment.
83. You will be one of those people that will contribute to the nation’s productivity. As the premature deaths that happen each year, cost the U.S. government $92 billion in lost.
84. You will be less prone to getting premature dementia.
85. The genital warts that all the men are scared about are more likely to linger on those daily smokers, than on non smokers.
86. Being a female and a smoker, will decrease your chances of getting pregnant and increase the infertility possibility. The more cigarettes you smoke, the more harm will you do to your ovaries.
87. While smoking you will deal with a speed up of the loss of your eggs and the reproductive function in women.
88. Quitting smoking will improve your chances of having a healthy pregnancy
. While smoking the chemicals in cigarettes will interfere with the ability of the ovary cells to create estrogen.
89. As long as you have succeeded being pregnant, do not blow this and just quit smoking. This way you will not harm you or your baby. Quitting smoking will make you have a healthy and well born baby with a normal weight.
90. Apart from all these mentioned above, you are more likely to live longer as you will choose a healthier lifestyle.11