Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena
10. Mens sana in corpore sano! Is a well known Latin saying, and it can be translated as “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. They were right, because it seems that the body-mind connection is very deep. In fact it is so deep, that the scientists are just starting to learn about the way in which the mind can influence the body. Take for example the placebo effect, which is a real example that the mind can control the body. Patients who suffer from certain illnesses might be cured only through the power of the mind. All they do is believe that they receive the medicine which will take their pain away even if in reality they received a different medicine. It is unknown how the body can have this capacity, but it is believed that the body has the capacity of healing itself much more successfully than all the medicine.
9. The psychic powers and extra-sensory perception are some of the most common unexplained phenomena. Hundreds of thousands of people believe in them even if there is no evidence that they are real. The scientists have analyzed numerous people who claim that they have these special powers, however under the strict supervision of the scientists no one managed to prove that they are special. It is said that their powers are ineffective in the presence of the skeptics and if that is true then the phenomenon will never be explained.
8. There are many people who stated that they had near death experiences, or that they had after life experience. Many of these people stated that they went through a tunnel, that they met their loved ones who passed away, and that they have felt peace surrounding them. There are also other who stated that they sensed evil and that they were present in a dark place.
7. The existence of UFOs has been debated for tens of years. People from all over the world stated that they have seen Unidentified Flying Objects in the sky. No one was able to offer exact proof regarding them, but since there are so many people that claim to have seen them, it makes you wonder if they really exist. The universe is very big, and it is very likely that we are not alone. Even the Vatican stated that the aliens might exist since God is an almighty being.
6. The “already seen” phenomenon, or the Déjà vu, as it is most commonly known as is another unexplained phenomenon. I am certain that you might have experienced this at least once in your lifetime. You might have had the feeling that you have already experienced a particular moment that you have already seen, smelled, and sensed what goes around you. It is like you know what will happen next, and until you realize what is going on, everything goes back to normal. Some say it involves an
5. The ghostshave often been a source of mystery. Shakespeare mentioned them, and there are numerous TV shows which are dedicated to them. There are many people who have reported seeing shadow-like figures, or that they have seen their loved ones even though they have passed away. It has never been proven that the ghosts exist, but there are many people who swear that they have seen them, and there are also numerous photos which show an indication of their presence, but however many of them are fake. Some even claim that they can communicate with the ghosts.
4. There are people who go missing. Some decide to run away from home for various reasons, but they are eventually found. The situation is different when it comes to the mysterious disappearances, because there are some people who simply seem to vanish. Jimmy Hoffa is one of yet, however many people state that he is buried under the New York Giants stadium, which has been verified. There is also the case of the Marie Celeste crew who simply seemed to vanish, not to mention the numerous planes and ships which have vanished from the Bermuda Triangle.
3. Intuition is another unexplained phenomenon. Call it sixth sense, or call it whatever you like, I am certain that you have sometimes made decision based on intuition. You just felt that doing something instead of the other thing was the right thing to do, and it proved that the decision you took was the correct one. The psychologists stated that we have intuitions because the mind gathers information about the world at a subconscious level, and as a result we have the feeling that we know about certain things which we haven’t experienced before.
2. Bigfoot has been seen by thousands of people, or at least so they say. The truth is that there have been thousands of reports made about this hairy beast that lives in the forests of America yet no one managed to prove that it exists. Not a single clue that it might exist has been found: no bones, no teeth, nothing, only some footmarks which are very big. Science can not prove that Bigfoot and other monsters such as Nessie do no exist, which means that people will still believe in them no matter what.
1. The Taos Hum, which is a phenomenon that takes place in the city of Taos, New Mexico, is the number one on my list. The Taos hum is represented by the mysterious and faint low-frequency hum in the desert air, and it is can be heard by about 2 percent of Taos residents. The origins of the sound have not been discovered yet.